Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find out about opportunities to bid with Sigma Contracting Inc.?
- How do I get on the Sigma bidders list?
- Does a firm have to be certified as an M/S/W/BE business in order to do business with Sigma?
- How do I get the plans for a project?
- When and how do I get the bid results?
- Is it possible to subcontract on multiple jobs simultaneously with Sigma?
- Do I have to use Sigma’s Pay Application?
- How do I submit an invoice for payment?
- How do I fill out the Pay Application?
- What is my deadline for submitting Pay Applications?
- How long does it take to get paid?
- Is there anything that could slow down my payment?
- When are Change Orders approved?
- If a change order is not approved, do I put it on the Pay Application?
Opportunities to bid are found on the Virtual Plan Room Sites such as: McGraw Hill, Dodge, Reed Construction Data, and Blue Book.
To be placed on our Bidders List, submit your company’s information (Click the link for the Bidders List Form) to our Estimating Department via fax at (602)-788-4577 or drop off information at our front desk, to the attention of Robin Wierman. Once you are on Sigma’s Bidders List, you can find out about opportunities by visiting our on-site plan room or check in by phone. Invitations to bid will be sent to you via fax or email.
It is not required; however, it would be helpful if you would specify if your company is certified as an M/S/W/BE.
There are several ways to get the plans:
- CDs are available at Sigma’s office
- BidTek reprographics
- Through bidmail internet plan room – Downloadable Files
- Plans & specs available via e-mail upon request
Bid results are given by the Estimator who bid the project only. (Often times we are at the mercy of the Owner for bid results and sometime it can take awhile).
Based on your firm size and capabilities, it is possible to work on multiple jobs simultaneously. This is often times determined by your current workload, and your ability to staff multiple projects at one time.
Yes! Click the link for a Pay Application. Your company’s name and the person filling out the form must be on the Pay Application. Click the following link for Sigma’s Conditional Lien Release. (This form is required on most jobs, but not all)
To submit an invoice for payment, fill out the Sigma Pay Application and fax it to 602-788-4577, attention Sandy Jordan, or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have your own invoice, you may attach it to the Sigma Pay Application as back up. Due to the high volume of invoices we receive on a daily basis, we have standardized our invoice process.
Fill out the following areas on the Subcontractor Payment Request:
1. SUBCONTRACTOR NAME – Your Company Name
2. JOB NAME – Name of the project
3. PERIOD ENDING DATE – Usually this is the end of the month
4. JOB NUMBER – The Sigma job number.
5. PAYMENT APPLICATION # – This is your number (example, your second draw request is 2)
6. ORIGINAL CONTRACT SUM – Your original contract value
7. % COMPLETE – This is the total percent of work you have completed
8. WORK COMPLETED – Multiply the contract value by the % complete
9. APPROVED SIGMA C/O’S – List all approved change orders, if any, and calculate the % complete
10. REVISED CONTRACT AMT – Total of original contract plus approved change orders
11. List pending change orders section – List any change orders that you have not received an approved Sigma change order yet. This helps us make sure we do not miss any of your pending change orders.
12. TOTAL COMPLETE TO DATE – Add work complete column
13. LESS 10% RETENTION – This is 10% of the work completed to date
14. LESS PREVIOUS PAYMENTS – Add all your previously requested payments
15. TOTAL DUE THIS APPLICATION – Subtract the retention and the previous payments from the Total Completed to Date
16. SIGN AND DATE
Fax to: 602-788-4577 (ATTN: Sandy Jordan) or email to: email@example.com
You do not have to mail originals, the fax or e-mail is all we need.
The deadline for submitting a Pay Application is the 20th of each month (unless noted otherwise in your contract). Pay Applications must be received by the 20th of the month in order to be processed for that pay period.
We pay within seven (7) days after receipt of payment from the Owner, per the Arizona Prompt Payment Act.
Yes, Sigma cannot release your first check unless you have the following on file with us:
- Signed Contract
- Insurance Certificate
These items must be in place in order to receive your checks.
Internally, we do everything possible to expedite the process and approve Change Orders as soon as possible. Once a formal change order has been executed we then process the payables.