“…thank you for the OUTSTANDING job on the latest CVS store completion. This project had many moving parts and last-minute changes… Your team made it happen and in the end, both the CVS store manager and CVS set-up manager were extremely happy. Thanks again – many more successful projects to come!”
Pete Shimkus, PE, Armstrong Development Properties, Inc.
Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) is an alternate project delivery method which allows the Client to choose the Construction Manager before the design phase is complete, based on the qualifications of the contractor. This encourages early collaboration between the design team and contractor, which often shortens the duration of the project and strengthens coordination between the Architects and the Construction Manager.
Sigma has been very successful in the participation of CMAR services for a number of years.
Typical responsibilities generally associated with CMAR:
· Advise and consult on all aspects of planning
· Manage the design and construction phases
· Establish parameters for quality, cost and time
· Provide constructability reviews and cost analysis
· Prepare conceptual and detailed estimates
· Develop a phasing and sequencing plan
· Prepare the overall project schedule and provide periodic detailed updates
· Guaranteed construction cost